Reading Corner: Dancing With The Devil
“Suge quickly grabbed Puff in a choke hold and used him for a shield as he backed into the doorway of the club.”
Mark Curry: Dancing With The Devil
Mark Curry is a former rapper who was signed to Bad Boy through the early nineties to 2000-2001. His motivation for writing this book is to show people how Puff was able to exploit his artists and producers.
This book is without a doubt one of the best I’ve read about the inner workings of the industry.
Some examples include:
- Puff putting a voodoo hex on his artists
- Puff charging for adlibs/features/video appearances
- The real story behind East Coast vs West coast beef
- How deep Puff was in Biggie’s pockets
- Bad Boy Records and Crip/BMF affiliation
- Blackmailing artists with “compromising” photos
- How Puff actually had parental guidance of Shyne
The only criticism I have of this book is that he names some street dudes in the first few chapters, which could be a problem.
You can get this book from BlackStar Music and Video in Harlem or any good bookstore (online included).
352. LENOX AVE
(CORNER OF 128TH ST, HARLEM)
NEW YORK, N.Y. 10027