Is DJ Quik the most underrated producer?
“Fucking & mixing records go hand in hand”
- his style was heavily influenced by Funk artists such as Zapp, Slave, Curtis Mayfield, Prince, Vaughn Mason & Parliament
- a multi-instrumentalist, Quik tends to use live instruments & session musicians such as Rob Bacon
- one of the pioneers of G-Funk
- mixed many of the tracks on 2Pac’s All Eyez On Me (under the alias of David Blake)
- was a frequent collaborator with the late funk legend Roger Troutman & R&B singer El Debarge
- scored the feature film Head of State